Shrimp and Zucchini Salad with Tahini Vinaigrette
For the past week my body has been rejecting most food. I’m not really sure what the deal is. Except for being really fatigued, I feel fine. Smoothies and raw foods seem to be my only option right now, so last night for dinner I whipped up a little raw zucchini salad. The shrimp were more for the hubby, but I ended up eating quite a few with no problem.
Making raw zucchini noodles couldn’t be easier and they are a great substitute for pasta when you are on a diet. I like to make my noodles into ribbon shapes with a regular peeler or into more of a spaghetti shape with a julienne peeler.
- 2 large or 3 small Zucchinis
- 8oz Frozen Shrimp(thawed)
- 1 tbs Tahini(sesame seed paste)
- 2 tbs Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbs Olive Oil(plus a bit more for cooking shrimp)
- Salt, Pepper, and lemon juice to taste
1. To make tahini vinaigrette, add tahini, vinegar, and oil to a small container with salt and pepper to taste. Secure a lid on the container and shake dressing up until everyting is well combined.
2.With a peeler, make long ribbons out of the zucchini. When you get to the core, where the seeds are, stop peeling. Toss ribbons in the dressing and set aside.
3. Heat a small amount of olive oil in a pan over medium high heat and add shrimp. Season with salt, pepper, and maybe a little lemon juice. Cook until shrimp turn pink. Don’t overcook!
4. Serve shrimp warm or cold over the salad and enjoy!