I was in Trader Joe’s a few days ago and was shopping in the produce section when I came across these kumquats. I had never tried one and thought they looked cute, so I grabbed some. When I got home, I open the container, which said, “Eat whole”. I popped one in my mouth, expecting an orange flavor, but was practically knocked off my feet by the sour taste of the fruit. It was really awful. I was stuck with a full container of these guys and had no idea how to use them. Then came my friend, Vodka. I don’t drink much, but when I do, vodka is my main squeeze. While kumquats may not be that pleasant to eat whole, they make one tasty cocktail.
Makes 2 drinks…or 1 drink
- 8 or 9 Sliced Kumquats
- 2 or 3 long Rosemary Sprigs
- 2 tbs Sugar
- 4 ounces Vodka(or more..whatever)
- Club Soda
1. Add kumquats, rosemary, and sugar to the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Muddle them together.
2. Add ice and vodka, put cap on shaker, and start shaking.
3. Divide vodka between glasses and fill the rest of each glass with club soda.
4. Garnish with kumquat slices and small rosemary sprigs.
What’s your favorite summer cocktail?