Easter Breads, Turkish Coffee, and Awards
Turkish Coffee with Cardamom
I found this little bag of coffee grounds hidden on a shelf at Holy Land in the Midtown Global Market. The grounds are accented by cardamom and make for the most wonderful brew. This coffee is a truly blissful way to ease into your morning. I am really sensitive to caffeine and usually avoid it, but this is worth every second of nausea!
Imagine my surprise, waking up to find that I had been given several awards from a couple of my fellow food bloggers!
The ‘One Lovely Blog’ award was bestowed upon me via Elle of Bromography. Elle says that her , “Passion for food falls somewhere between that of a gourmet and a glutton”. I can totally relate. Her blog details the food adventures of herself and three friends in New York. Thanks Elle!
This plethora of awards was passed on by Dee of Deelicious Sweets. Dee ditched the bakery business to become a Super Mom and now shares her mouth-watering sweet treats and more via the interweb. Check her out!
Now, with these awards come responsibilities. I am first tasked with sharing seven fun facts about myself, so here it goes:
1. I am a sound engineer for a local dinner theater. I love my job and I love my co-workers. My theater is dark for the summer and I miss being there and doing what I love very much.
2. Even though I am anything but girlie, my favorite color is pink.
3. Despite my Italian heritage, I hated garlic and onions until I hit my 20′s.
4. I love to cross-stitch and color.
5. The pig is my power animal.
6. I used to be a 240lb smoker.
7. I am a socially awkward nerd and I like it that way.
I also have the pleasure of passing these awards to 15 other very deserving bloggers.
Living Sugar Free
Amy’s Cooking Adventures
The Cultural Dish
Ravie Nom Noms
Sweet Salty Spicy
Pearl and Pine
Good Food, Good Wine, and a Bad Girl
Pip and Ebby
Ancedotes and Apple Cores
Congratulations to you and your wonderful blogs. Now you get to pass on the love to 15 more bloggers. Tag, you’re it!
Happy Easter everyone!